5.07.2005

el pobre Mouse

el pobre Mouse is the name of the zine I put out with Sara Larsen. Her blog link is to yr right. You can email us if you would like a copy ($5-10 sliding scale). They come with beautiful handmade covers, though not the kind of beauty people are usually telling you about. Maybe. Made with love. email: sarahandkyle@earthlink.net

You'll need that for the post below.

Subday Press is the press I co-run with Summer Rodman. I like to co-run stuff with people, esp. if their names begin w/ "S". Subday has 7 titles out to date. All are poetry or poetry-hybrids. Here's what we've done:

(...), Matt Langley
(who will soon be on an all-expenses paid trip to Korea, where he'll meet up w/ Jim Goar, whose blog inspired me to get into this in the first place. Him and Ron Silliman).
Critical Series, Sean MacInnes (Sean has a secret he may or may not tell you. Also his house burned down).
codeswitching, Melissa Benham
(her link is kinda to the right- her beau has taken her to a cozy seaside resort for her 30th bday this weekend, and last nite we got drunk and danced about it all-Jim, we had Makers- it was like you were there.)
a train came by and slowed, Summer Rodman
(yay Summer! Summer also runs a company that makes rubber hose and teaches visual journaling at a (for now) library)
a string of noun, Teresa Sparks
(who tried to ruin my life by hooking me up with Gay Sunshine Press - but Teresa - you've been foiled! Teresa's immense mind - in which one may wander, occasionally, w/ proper clearances -grows straight out of her heart, its a medical miracle with some disturbing complications.)
A Room of Trees, Sean MacInnes
(Sean still uses caps. Thats what we like about him.)
the Steely Dan project, yours truly.
(I was and am a bit ambivalent about publishing my own work but wasn't up for the other options. I too use caps, on occasion. (Take that MacInnes, Rodman, et al))

and we are going to be doing more books soon, and putting a website up so you can visit us and water us with yr paypal-ing, paypals. Poetry is a lovely, fierce and radiant word-being and those of you who don't read it should be ashamed of yourselves. Poetry is ever of the one that got away, but if you email me I will make sure these titles don't get away from you.

Now you will need that info for a later post, and I am going to take my too-cheeky self into the shower.

4 Comments:

Blogger jwg said...

Kyle,

the physical content of your blog is very wide. This might be my fault, or it might be yours (I like to believe it is yours). Can you make it a bit more narrow (not the topic, the width, I have to scan right and then left to get the whole thing on the screen. Feel it is getting wider every day. Slow down brown cow. leave some water for the fish)

j

7:11 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

JWG, who I hear about, now in this room, now in that park, across the cafe, yes, i hear ya. Holler. You are on to something - it shall narrow. I command it.

I get to do that stuff here. Thanks for the feedback.

11:43 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

I know Sean is out there somewhere, house or no house, mouse or no spouse. he is creeping. What is the secret? I feel that it is good (keeping secrets is not inherently good or bad, what I mean to say is, I think it is good news) Sean, where are you?

jim

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kyle: it is too very wide. i agree. have returned from the cozy seaside to report this to you.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre