10.09.2005

taking the brim with the smooch

as if you need a lil more kyle in yr eye, i have been invited to join takingthebrim, an online writing community. Artaud and Deleuze and Guattari are prominently invoked, so it looks very much not a new formalist ting.

to celebrate, i posted a section of my long poem, b i o a u t o g r a p h y. which continues to surprise me and is moving towards an almost operatic delivery, if you will believe that. specifically the opera of klaus nomi, robert ashley and blue gene tyranny by way of leslie scalapino and philip whalen. it offers me a way to crack that foremost demon - the poet voice.

but check it out - its a piece from the middle third of that work, and there's a little intro to b i o a u t o g r a p h y there too. this project is rocking me - you know that feeling when your work starts kicking your butt? usually the same moment you've suceeded in taking the "me" out of it.

as subtle and misleading as that may be.

love to ya,

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

i may be in trouble. reading pema chodron last night, she quotes Machik Labdon: 'In other traditions demons are expelled externally. But in my [Buddhist] tradition demons are accepted with compassion.

Damn this pesky faith! Poet voice, I love you, come here, have a cuddle, while I sweetly slit yr throat... so we both can breathe.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre