5.10.2005

@ work and yet...

here is a sneak peak of el pobre @ wrk. today we are compiling lists of who we want to send free copies of the zine to. except that i forgot i was doing this, and actually had a rare busy day in the office.

so now, i find, instead of an hour to type my manuscript, i ought to puzzle my head w/ names and addresses.

here's my list as it stands: juliana spahr, norma cole, leslie scalapino, laird hunt & eleni sikelianos (they can share a copy this time), anne waldman, the poetry project, ron silliman, lisa jarnot, and bhanu kapil.

this list is not inspiring me. its one of those moments when i feel out on a limb in this poetry scene, all alone. and now this moment is an e-moment. lovely. i will pick this up w/ brent cunningham tonight, brent works @ SPD, and appears well-connected in the worlds of poetry. you'll have to ask melissa if he connects well in other areas.

so send in yr suggestions : who merits a free copy of our zine? they might a) have a blog or zine/journal review capability, they may b) live in the bay area, and/or c) just be so very talented that we want them to join in our little community.

i'll let you know of anyone off your list who gets "elected". we welcome your help, even if you write pesky comments like JWG did this morning from Korea.

8 Comments:

Blogger jwg said...

k,

first thing this morning I removed the comment on my site, then I came over here and removed my comment from your site. They were pesky. Hoping that they went unnoticed. Guess they didn’t. however, I wouldn’t have removed it if I had known you not only saw it, but commented on it. I was on a high from acceptance (and cass) and decided I could fork out some good advice. sorry. I’d say it won’t happen again, but I figure it will, and when it does another comment might have to be erased.

j

8:01 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

Here is a blog worth checking out. might want to send some work.


http://www.rhubarbissusan.blogspot.com/

8:05 PM  
Blogger Boulder Fringe said...

Lyn Hejinian. I have addy.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay. my curiosity is piqued. how pesky could a comment be to be deleted (not by the writer)but commented upon in the blog? what then is the purpose of the comment section? not trying to be an instigator, just interested.

happy birthday k.

9:55 AM  
Blogger jwg said...

Maybe Kyle could give a good paraphrase. It was a harmless post, but a bit annoying.

Jim

5:27 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

FYI. I deleted it

5:28 PM  
Blogger Dylan Hock said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! I'll blow out some candles for you on this end.

L,
Dylan

5:43 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

I second what Dylan said. Happy B-day.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre