8.12.2005

new blog in town.

today my post is here. today's date, its the 2;37PM post. this new blog, "Urban Abhaya" has popped up as a collective affair, organized by Chris Mazura. It is always a pleasure to read Chris's work, or hear him perform it, and its one pleasure I have had precious little of in the past few years. So its an honor and I delight to be invited aboard.

i do suffer from blog overload sometimes. i've pushed myself here - and after JWG's post the other day (guy who ran out of things to blog) - i'm taking a gander at what it is i desire here? i know its this, its us, its you. the immediacy, the fact i dont even spellcheck this. the fact i jump off the cliff each time.

and survive. even thrive. but facing the overwhelm of the world, i wonder: how am i steering this? bringing it home, questioning my direction. claiming it, wondering, where next? is this work heartspeak, is it service, is it writing practice, the practice i choose (instead of some other(poetry?)). usually i critique borders, boundaries, definitions. today i wonder if i need to work on rasing, and holding them, some more. building the dream body at the same time i let go of the dream.

this must be the navel gazing so decried by Ogg. horchatas for all - and to Urban Abhaya, welcome aboard turkeyfingers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Is horchata a tea of some sort? I do not know this word.

Memo 221.473
Re: Mazura and Blog

Dear Chris,

I and restricted from commenting on your blog. I wanted to say howdy. Please email me.

Best,

Pirooz
p.kalayeh@att.net

Letter 14
Re: Horchatas

Dear Kyle,

Horchatas for you?

On the flip,

The KID

5:33 PM  
Blogger artifact reading series said...

hey so what is up with chris' blog? I was also invited, then the link did not work, so I emailed him, saying I would be happy to join, then nothing. then I see that he has eliminated everyone else, claiming it was a "mistake"??? I find this very odd. personally, I was excited by the immediacy of a collaborative blog, and thought it was such a great idea, that I have been considering making artifact a team effort, so others may post their thoughts about the actual readings, but also post events directly, suggest new events, etc. a sort of community board, so to speak. I also think that the idea of a collaborative blog moves away from the me-centeredness of yr run of the mill blog, & has more opportunities, or points to move outward. I would have put this on his blog but only team members are able to make comments on it...

6:42 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Pirooz, Melissa, Chris:

I wrote this on Chris's blog and found I too was barred. I hope he just hasn't got the handle of it yet, he does say he wants comments:

I'm sad to see this happen. The collective blog was a wonderful idea - at the moment, I am tiring of the personal one. Pop over to my blog and you'll see a couple frustrated folk who tried to write here and found they weren't able to. Leaving it to one of that "us" to launch what this briefly was.

And here i was thinking Teresa was all being silly about respecting property. Well know I feel a bit the fool.

I'll return regardless, good to hear from you again Chris. Don't you dare read the tribute post I wrote you.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre