7.13.2005

great swath of emptiness

on the web today. short posts, posts of poems, travelling posts, posts of the undead. as if the social center is absent (quiet - where empty reads "background noise" - heartbeat heard through ears, neighbors through walls, the bus outside, glow of a computer monitor left on or hum of fridge - spider webs and no spider) and we are all gone to or over the edge for awhile to poke around quietly, don personas, shop a bit, and then head home.

bags empty or full? who's got receipts?

i will be giving a reading this saturday evening as part of July's Artifact. The event is "free to the public" (if hearing an hour plus of readings by Sean MacInnes, Melissa Benham and myself is truly "free of cost" - but dont worry, there's liquor and we take breaks and sometimes tell jokes too - not all organic whole grain post- grad school post-langopo ver.2005 ) and there is liqour and breaks and a party afterwards (and in between - it is my hope that i won't feel compelled to responsibly ask/remind/nag Melissa to start up the reading after the second reader again, when the "intermission" party always threatens to take over, and if there's no third reading and no one remembers, hey, its a party, yall. yet i am a sworn protector and guardian of art - witness my flaming hair.

Well, wavy blonde. The reading is in the great city of San Francisco and you can find all kinds of info about it on Melissa's Artifact series blog. Don't you want to be on such an attractively designed bill? I understand, really. I was waiting for it to be my turn again. Insider tip : the flyer design is influenced by two of Melissa's "favorite directors". Any guesses? Not the guy who did the John Cussack films, evidently (my hopeful guess before seieng it). Am I supposed to say "Brakhage" - ain't gonna. Don't know, don't know. LA folk?

Is the jury in on non-personal blogs? They take a diff. course, to be sure, and arise quicker than those wishing to make expensive/time consuming web sites. And those of you who are like "expensive? time-consuming? what the f**k? - shame on yrselves. Come over here right now and I have SEVERAL web sites for you to build/teach-how-to-build for/to me and my friends.

Good day to you all and please carefully consider hitting "next blog". Last time I did I was in the world of a 21 yr old cutie who wanted to move to New Zealand and marry a Kiwi. Very Being John Malkovich. I tell myself - "go ahead, it won't hurt. maybe i will make a new friend and throw peanuts at them."

Thus continues the case of the absent center. Its all vacancy signs and doors left open with only the cleaning staff around (down the hall, inside 309, you can hear them). Want to snoop? Even the pool is unattended, and its so warm outside. Good day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

So I got to meet an ex-teacher-cum-preacher in Fresno who's upset that the teachers union is fighting schwarzenegger, and just found out about the rwanda genoicides and was shocked. Also, gangsterism is sin and Christ's love holds the key. So fellow conservatives, up off that couch and preach the gospel (but still name your blog "my feeble attempt at a blog".) If you recognize this fellow from your local parish, time to ask some serious questions bout your congregation, kiddies. JWG, Ogg - lets kick this guys ass for Christ.

5:51 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

Feed me dog and I'll go anyting.

"What would Jesus do" if i kicked his (JC's) ass instead?

I am in a nasty fantasy baseball battle right now. Pray for me! Unjust trades are occuring and i am doing my damndest to stop them. They just keep coming. It is tough being on top. I feel like a red state w/o corn

11:34 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

one more thing. U mentioned the other day on COC that you wanted to see some of my work, rest assured, it is coming, hope you like it. When you tell me the due date, it will be sent. I like cutting it close. BAD ASS!!!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

You guys leave Jesus alone. Just cuz he's bad at sports doesn't mean you can make fun of him.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Boulder Fringe said...

Ok. I hit next blog and found some Arizona Real Estate Broker who talk about "housing bubbles" and international economy. I got the ass end of that cat on that suggestion.

1:34 PM  
Blogger artifact reading series said...

in the interest of self-interest, kyle, you are the only person who ever seems concerned about herding the cats in after the intermission has officially gone over its time limit. it is in these moments that I attempt to avoid making eye contact because you make a face like my disapproving mother when I'm out there, drink & smoke in hand, carousing with the other poets in the yard...

o & byob peeps.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, here's a blog devoted to a dog.

http://queeniethepooch.blogspot.com/

I can't believe that the friends of these people allow this kind of thing.

7:20 PM  
Blogger jwg said...

WTF, all these dogz are living. didnt know they could be happy like that. smile here. smile there. Get on my fork!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre