7.18.2005

have you ever been and what would yours be?


If you haven't, I would put aside 15 minutes for this.

It formed part of my "refusal to do a day's distraction" project. Its a subtle work, and the other folk here at distraction haven't noticed that I have chosen to work all day instead of doing that other stuff we are paid for wasting our time with.

This link arrived for me this morning, and last nite I witnessed dozens of poets come up to a live stage and confess their poetic sins (one kept a blog, another - she confided privately - is afraid of nouns) and receive a vodka and juice absolution. Some, inspired by the cleansing magic of this ritual, confessed freely, again and again. some to the point of compromising their dancing skills. But these are the lesser poets, and that thar above link is no one trick pony.

4 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Fringe said...

Jesus Kyle. Thank you.

One of the comments talks about a group of friends who got together one night and wrote their secrets down, pulled them out of a hat read them aloud.

I think about secrets a lot when I'm in therapy. How there are some things that are too dark to talk about, even with someone I am paying to talk to.

But telling secrets to strangers is easier than to friends. I can't imagine saying most of what I say to my therapist to you, even, and I feel close to you.

Yeah, thanks.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

I like telling secrets. I feel like a good secret is how a novel begins. At least for me.

Sometimes I write just to tell all my secrets, or to find ones I didn't know I had.

Thank's for posting this Kyle. And, you're my hero for not 'wasting your time.'

How is the job search going?

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, i just caught up on post secret yesterday and that particular card hit me. oof. i wish for that person some personal growth work.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

pirooz - job search is going slow. that's the advantage of having a job while you look for another one. its actually a new situ for me, usually i'm unemployed and vulnerable while looking for work, and here, i'm more interesting and "ears open". frankly, with sean visiting and me getting a nasty sinus cold, there's been no real progress.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre