10.04.2005

bike versus car





and bike lost.

five hours, and maybe 12 (can't count the internal ones) stitches later, hiya. nice big hole sealed up above my heart. hospital stories, ruminations, there is plenty to write bout this, but i am totally exhausted right now. no major organs fucked - sore muscles, torn skin ( my chest went INTO the corner of a car door), a better sense of what contemporary emergency care is... that kind of thing. i hope the woman who was shouting "its a conspiracy" is feeling better now. and i met kuan yin. but its san francisco, so he's this young guy who looked a little like talib kweli.

it will take a while to process having seen my very own (and very dear) "marbled fat". its actually kind of fun to write about this, but, LAT-R.

until then, know i am healing, my neck is super stiff, and the IVs they stick in your arms are plastic! who knew...

and share your sympathy. tanya brolaski, in berkeley, nearly got her finger cut off. its a rough week for bay area poets. shit be going down.

-

"Traffic accidents kill an average of 728 cyclists each year, injuring 45,000 more. Cyclist's account for 13 percent of all non-motorist traffic, 2 percent of all traffic fatalities, and 1 percent of all traffic injuries. Roughly 40 percent of all bicycle fatalities occur in the states of California, Florida, New York and Texas." - RIP, dead cycle homies. KMalone, know I was thinking of you. Sorry I always stuck my tongue out at you in the end. What to say? Hope you made it past the confusion...

4 Comments:

Blogger jwg said...

glad you came through. Sounds a bit more serious than you are letting on. Good that you can laugh about it. How about doing some walking. that is what sidewalks are for.

Did the driver pay for yr hospital stay? Was he/she nice about it? What were yr thoughts before impact?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Dylan Hock said...

Kyle, there are easier ways to become more personal with Frank O'Hara's work! So horrible to hear of this but so glad you are alright. Mendable. Will send you a carepackage with my submission. The voyeur in me wants pics too, but bad enough looking at Quinne's battered pic all week, and Jim's toenail before that. Did you know my mother had a vision of Kuan Yin before she knew who Kuan Yin was?

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the F!?

Makes me ill just thinking about it. I for one do not want to see pictures. I'm just glad you're not dead. Which in a way means you're the un-dead. Perfect timing for this spooky time of the year. Great. Now what am I supposed to be this year for haloween?

Damn.
B

6:12 AM  
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Love to you, my friend. Get well.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre