9.22.2005

Lady Nijo takes Melville as lover

Dramameme. Dromedary. Apothecary.
Legal permit for suspended designation
(a signage stoppage)
Dramamine? Respitory difficulties,
a repository of tribulations. Stop smoking
them camels. Calling a halt
to Ahab. That is, chasing the whale,
of which the desert offers none.
Yes, office. Moeover, more to come
the mean meme of Richard Dawkins,
the roll of the critic (that six-sided die?)
and the following haiku,

stolen back from a nasty, if legit thief:

Waning moon over the ocean
How damp my sleave come dawn
I didn't realize we were dating.

from my fief. Trans
gerund. The rest, geriatric,
waits for its sine. And I -
always eating - am
IN TO LUNCH

actually, its closing time.

Context? Not unless you click the comment box.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Today, beset by a headache, listlessly reading blogs and tearing my robe, I watch the procession of officials out the office doors. Heavy with the restlessness of age-old karma, I dip fingers to keyboard, reminiscing of other ways to combine words, and what it means to play. And yet, even this barest incense-smoke curl is be-laden with cryptic portent and allusive power - of its meanings, who dares to call themself master? Indeed sad with parting, with arting, I load my bike bag and head out of the Palace, past the shrine room, the receptionist, and towards the dew-laden hills of home.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That is, chasing the whale,
of which the desert offers none."

This should be contemplated in Qumran, the desert community of Essenes. Have you seen pictures of this place? If I were there I would say this line to myself, and it would be good. I do believe this line alone is worth a desert cave.

My reading of it is a bit literal, however, I think it is one of the most literal statements made in the last century. The kind of literal that goes nowhere and everywhere and you think, that felt good.
B

8:32 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

lego language, all color and shine and then you can take the blocks apart again - sure, make it like the picture says once, then throw away the instructions.

that was the kdada method, age 5. my literal streak is wide enough for cars, or at least sturdy shoes. high heels? not my decision, there. I dedicate this poem to peace, snce my head hurt when i wrote it and it felt good coming out.

headaches are an army of one, and they are an always-at-war.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re-reading my comment I want to be clear. I thought the eerie literality of the lines was delicious.
B

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

i know, g.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

another small chapter in los dialecticas pobre